Making Art on My OLD AF Smartphone

My smartphone is just that, SUPER SMART. It does all the calculation that I can't, keeps a record of all my conversations with my friends and distant family, and tells me when to get up in the morning on top of calling and texting! Its an amazing mini computer in my pocket. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from 2014; and even though it's a trooper, I've been noticing it get slower over the years, sometimes freezing just to reboot or losing battery life so fast that it can't make it through half a day.


Progress made on my smartphone before transferring to my PC.

A few days ago, I started inking an environment piece (pictured above) with only a few layers. I took a break to stretch and came back to a laggy brush. I decided to transfer it to my PC so I could work faster. 

I've been working on and off my Samsung for digital artwork but since the screen is so small - though not small for a smartphone - and so is my patience for such things, I haven't really made anything more than sketches on it. Recently, I've been trying to get better at digital art so I have been trying to make something more substantial on my phone. Even though it is older, it still runs my main drawing app, Art Flow Studio. I can make multiple layers, draw & paint, use shapes & guides, and even save images as PSD files for Adobe Photoshop! Among drawing apps that I've tried, Art Flow is by far the best option for me. 


Come back later this week for a detailed post about Art Flow Studio!

Comments