University

Personal Story

When I came to university, I wanted to get a degree while having fun and avoiding thousands of dollars of debut. I started with some art classes at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, my home city (Fairbanks, AK). I started there because I wanted to graduate college debt-free. It is extremely affordable to attend UAF as an Alaskan resident. I got by over the years with scholarships and working various jobs. All things considered, I'm glad that I will graduate without debt. Even though the level of arts education and exposure to specialized comics and illustration industries would be better elsewhere, I learned that I can achieve my goals as long as I make an effort and stay disciplined.




I'm currently on my last semester of school. I remember when I first entered college. I didn't want to be there; only for the language classes and art classes. As a result, I've put off my standard classes such as math and science for the final semester. While I am finishing school, I don't feel like I am advancing in the things I want to improve on. I'll just be patient.






Comments